Monday, April 27, 2009

I: The Weight

"The view from here, it is so frightening
A world of tide pools, incompleteness all around

Roads and rivers are winding in a circle
Around a curled up monumental me
Oustide looking in, time and again
Feeling the weight of a jaded dream

And the view from here is frightening

Everything is so different now
The moon looks down with orphaned eyes
And the lighthouse sends out fragile signals
To a distant desert sea

Roads and rivers are winding in a circle
Around a curled up monumental dream
Outside looking in, time and again
Feeling the weight of a jaded me"

Hmmmm. I can certainly identify. Sometimes as I try to think ahead to the future and what's in store I can't help but think that the view from here is oh so frightening. Sometimes it feels like I'm lost at sea with only a distant lighthouse guiding me in. And when I start to think about things in terms of me, and what how it all affects my life, that's when I run into trouble. I gotta constantly put it in perspective and realize it ISN"T about me. I'm just one small piece in a very big world that God has under complete control. The view from here is frightening to me and I do feel an incompleteness all around, but God. He knows the future and controls it! What joy to let that burden go!

No comments:

Post a Comment